- All classes are 90 minutes.
- Students of all levels are welcome.
- If you are not feeling well, please rest at home and come see us when you are feeling better.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of class. (First-timers at least 15 minutes to register).
- The room is hot, be prepared to sweat.
- Wear lightweight workout clothes. Shorts please, no long pants.
- Bring water and a yoga mat. These items are also available for purchase/rent at the studios. Two towels for use on your yoga mat are included with each class.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day before class (approximately 120 oz.) Don't try to hydrate in class. Sips of water are fine, but ultimately you want no food or liquid in the stomach during the practice.
- For noticeable benefits, we recommend coming at least three times a week.
- The Back Bay studio has lockers. Please bring your own day lock to protect your valuables. Locks may not be left over night.
- For a complete life overhaul, we recommend committing to six days a week for two months. Your life will never be the same again.
In order to create and maintain a pleasant environment for your yoga practice, we ask that you read and abide by the following policies:
- Admittance is on a first come, first served basis
- Late admittance is strictly prohibited
- Leave shoes in the front lobby
- No pagers and cell phones in the yoga room
- No gum or food in the yoga room
- No perfume, cologne or body lotion while practicing
- No jewelry or watches while practicing
- Make sure you and others around you have a view of the front mirror
- Respect and enjoy the silence of the yoga room after class
- Lost and found items will be held for one week before being donated.
First Time Students
First time practicing Bikram Yoga? Great!! Remember, first time students are welcome to EVERY CLASS, but if you've always wanted to try Bikram Yoga but have been afraid or nervous why not start with our first time only class!
Designed for you to feel comfortable in a small class with more attention, this class meets once a week at 10am on Saturdays at our Back Bay location
Here are a few pointers to help make your experience more enjoyable:
WHAT TO EXPECT
- People of all shapes, sizes and abilities
- A fun, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere
WHAT TO WEAR - Think Beach!
- Nylon shorts, swim trunks.
- Please no practicing in underwear/boxers or sweat pants.
- Shirts are optional.
- Nylon shorts, tank top, sports bra, or swimsuit.
- Please no practicing in sweat pants.
HOW TO PREPARE
Plan in advance
- Beginning yoga students generally have a better experience when they plan 24 hours in advance.
- This allows ample time for proper hydration and nutrition.
Come to class well hydrated
- We recommend one gallon of water in the 24 hours prior to class.
- Good hydration makes the heat more comfortable!
- It is also a mandatory safety precaution for first time students.
Come to class on an empty stomach
- Have large meals 3-4 hours before class.
- Lite snacks are okay 2 hours before class.
- Yoga feels best without too much food in your stomach.
Arrive early for your first class
- Get to the studio 20-30 minutes before class begins
- This allows plenty of time for registration and orientation.
- You'll need a yoga mat and bottle of water.
- If you forget we have both for rent/purchase.
- We provide you with two towels every class.
Come to class with a positive, open attitude
- A positive outlook does wonders for your yoga practice. As a newcomer you have the advantage of an unbiased eager perspective.